SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.
SSL Certificates are small data files that digitally bind a cryptographic key to an organization’s details. When installed on a web server, it activates the padlock and the https protocol and allows secure connections from a web server to a browser.
Typically, SSL is used to secure credit card transactions, data transfer and logins, and more recently is becoming the norm when securing browsing of social media sites. A proper SSL is essential for running any online business, not to mention the fact that Google shows favor ranking wise.
Here are 9 top free SSL services to help with your business and b2bmarketing efforts:
Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and openCertificate Authority.
We give people the digital certificates they need in order to enable HTTPS (SSL/TLS) for websites, for free, in the most user-friendly way we can. We do this because we want to create a more secure and privacy-respecting Web.
The key principles behind Let’s Encrypt are:
- Free: Anyone who owns a domain name can use Let’s Encrypt to obtain a trusted certificate at zero cost.
- Automatic: Software running on a web server can interact with Let’s Encrypt to painlessly obtain a certificate, securely configure it for use, and automatically take care of renewal.
- Secure: Let’s Encrypt will serve as a platform for advancing TLS security best practices, both on the CA side and by helping site operators properly secure their servers.
- Transparent: All certificates issued or revoked will be publicly recorded and available for anyone to inspect.
- Open: The automatic issuance and renewal protocol will be published as an open standard that others can adopt.
- Cooperative: Much like the underlying Internet protocols themselves, Let’s Encrypt is a joint effort to benefit the community, beyond the control of any one organization.
- Your domain name and domain control have been validated by an independent authority.
- Sensitive information remains private
- Transactions between participating browsers and your site are up to 256-bit encrypted and secure.
3. Free SSL
WE PROTECT YOUR WEBSITE AND YOUR CUSTOMERS.
Whether you’re new to cybersecurity or a long-time veteran, we provide around-the-clock confidence in the security of your websites and the privacy of your customers’ transactions.
Comodo Free Certificate is a fully functional Digital Certificate, valid for 90 days and is as trusted as our paid SSL certificates. This means the free certificate is recognized and trusted by 99.9% of all browsers and devices and can immediately go to work securing your web site. Your visitors will see the golden padlock and won’t see security warnings.
Benefits of Free SSL Certificate:
- SSL Certificate at zero cost for 90 days (other CAs offer only 30 day free trials)
- Issued online in minutes with no paperwork or delays
- Highest strength 2048 bit signatures / 256 bit encryption
- Signed from the same trusted root as our paid certificates
- Recognized by all major browsers and devices
100% Free Forever
Never pay for SSL again.
Our free SSL certificates are trusted in 99.9% of all major browsers.
Enjoy SSL Benefits
- Protect user data & gain trust
- Improve Search Engine Ranking
- Prevent forms of website hacking
Taking the Pain Out of Managing Your Domain Specific SSL Certificate. Offering a fully managed solution, Dedicated SSL Certificates eliminate the burden of generating private keys, creating certificate signing requests (CSR), renewing certificates, revoking and reissuing after crypto vulnerabilities such as Heartbleed, and many of the other maintenance tasks associated with traditional SSL certificates.
Privacy & Security = Trust
GlobalSign’s SSL Certificates offer the strongest encryption and value-add features to
ensure your website is protected and meets the demands of today’s modern sites.
Customers and visitors to your site will know that their browsing session is safe, and
that payment details and personal information is kept secure and encrypted.
8. Zero SSL
Free SSL Certificates and Free SSL Tools for your website. FREE SSL Certificate Wizard. Free certificates trusted by all major browsers issued in a few mouse clicks. Self-Signed Certificate Generator. One-click generator of self-signed certificates for testing or internal purposes.
9. CA Cert
CAcert.org is a community-driven Certificate Authority that issues certificates to the public at large for free.
CAcert’s goal is to promote awareness and education on computer security through the use of encryption, specifically by providing cryptographic certificates. These certificates can be used to digitally sign and encrypt email, authenticate and authorize users connecting to websites and secure data transmission over the internet. Any application that supports the Secure Socket Layer Protocol (SSL or TLS) can make use of certificates signed by CAcert, as can any application that uses X.509 certificates, e.g. for encryption or code signing and document signatures.